All our Kite weeks include return airport transfers from Nadi International Airport. Your transfer will leave Raffles Gateway Hotel (Directly opposite the airport, raffles also has a courtesy coach from the airport) at 10am on Sunday morning.
Its a leisurely 2.5 hour scenic trip north following the coast to the northern most point of Viti Levu where you will check in to Volivoli and spend the remainder of the day settling into your Bure or heck, why not get out on the water for a kite before meeting your group for the week for a few sun downers at Karomba and a briefing to set out the plan for the week.
While the weather is normally pretty consistent at that time of year 15-20knot SE trades), we are flexible and utilize the wind while it blows. Don’t worry if there are glass outs there’s still plenty on offer from SUPing, snorkeling, scuba diving, waterfall tours, shopping, full day spa and more.
Here is a rough sample itinerary for you
- Kiteboarding Theory – The wind window and safety of the modern equipment.
- Kite Control & Pilotage
- Safety Releases – Practical application.
- Launching, Landing and Water Re-Launch
- Body Dragging – Upwind, board recovery & The Power Stroke.
- Self Rescue
- Intermediate Pilotage – Strong/Light wind & generating power.
- Body Dragging & Kite Control with the board.
- Water Start – Up and riding, making your first meters.
- Edging on the board, riding upwind.
- Advanced Pilotage – Kite looping & unhooked control.
- Turning, tacking & Gybing.
- Transitions & edge to edge progression.
- Downwind riding & speed.
- Point to point downwind, followed by coach & filmed from boat.
- Film review & tv dinner session.
- Go Big – Jumps, rotations, unhooking & powered kite loops
- Strapless Fun
- Surfboard Technique & riding
- Foil Board introduction
- Island Hoping – Upwind power session followed by a down-looping blast.
- Make Your Choice – Of board & join on a mega downwind.
- Advanced carving, cutbacks & power turns.
- Advanced Jumping – Front & Back Rolls, Raileys & S Bends.
- Time to Glide – Foil Kiteboarding, extreme speed!
- Full Freeride/Freestyle Clinic
- Kiting Adventure, buttery flat water or perfect surf sessions.
- Filmed throughout with a complete review and copy.
- Certification and Qualification.
- Morning of your choice, last fun filled session.
- Work on absolutely anything.
- Choice of any equipment and coaching.
- 21st June – 28th June
- 28th June – 5th July
- 5th July – 12th July
- 12th July – 19th July
If your not able to make any of these dates but would still love to do a safari let us know as private group safari’s can be tailored to suite your needs!
Safari Coaching and Accommodation Packages
Included in all packages:
- All our packages include 7 nights accommodation
- 5 days of kite instruction
- all rental equipment while on the course**
- all meals while at the resort
- return airport transfers.
- All government taxes (20%)
Not included in our packages
- Beverages at the Resort
- Credit card service fees
- Any other incidental charges incurred at the Resort
- Bank fees which are payable by the client
- Private health insurance*
A 25% deposit is required to confirm your reservation which is on returnable and non transferable.
*We highly recommend that all customers take out appropriate health and travel insurance.
** Students will not be permitted to kite independently with school equipment until our instructors are happy students are proficient in kiting
Vale Vou Safari
Offering the best value for money these brand new Vale Vou rooms cant be beat, perfect for a group of up to 3 friends wanting shared accommodation.
- Triple share per person price $3,663.00FJ
- Twin share per person price $4,048.00FJ
- Twin share non coaching price $2048.00FJ
Vale Balavu Safari
If comfort and style is what you are after then our Vale Balavu rooms are what you are looking for offering 2 queen beds and awe inspiring views of the Bligh Waters
- Twin share per person price $4,118,00FJ
- Single per person price $5,343.00FJ
- Twin share non coaching price $2,118.00FJ
Studio Vale Safari
Stylish and sleek our Studio Vales represent the resorts most impressive accommodation best suited for couples enjoying a romantic tropical kite getaway, our stand alone Studio Vales are stunning waterside havens.
- Twin share per person price $4,590.50
- Single per person price $6,288.00
- Twin share non coaching price $2,590.50
How can I book?
Please fill out this Kite week enrollment form and submit it to geraldine@volivoli completed with this Credit Card Authorization Form, A 25% non refundable non transferable deposit is due to confirm your spot. Places are limited to 12 per week so its first in first served.
Why not invite your friends and send them our Kite week 2015 Flyer